PENNSYLVANIA REHABILITATION ASSOCIATION AWARDS
KENNETH W. HYLBERT AWARD
Presented to an individual PRA member for significant contributions in the professional preparation and upgrading of rehabilitation manpower.
PRA DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD – (AFFIRMATIVE ACTION)
Presented to an individual or organization in recognition of achievements in advancing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities.
CHARLES L. EBY AWARDS
- Charles L. Eby Administration Award – Established to honor an individual who has shown unusual initiative and creativeness in the development and administration of a program of demonstrated value for persons with disabilities. Sustained PRA membership is a requirement.
- Charles L. Eby Counseling Award for Independence – To honor a counselor who shows a special approach to assist persons with severe disabilities to gain independence. Nominations are open to both PRA members and nonmembers.
- Charles L. Eby Counseling Award for Placement – To honor a counselor who has demonstrated the ability to match potential with job performance and has a consistent record in placement of persons with disabilities. Nominations are open to both PRA members and nonmembers.
PRA ORGANIZATION AWARD
Presented to an organization with an outstanding record of sustained service to individuals with disabilities. The organization may be one whose principal objectives are in the rehabilitation field, or one which regardless of its major objectives, has demonstrated effective concern for the rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities.
LLOYD O. GROVE MERITORIOUS SERVICE AWARD
Presented to an individual who has demonstrated years of faithful service and leadership to the PRA through any segment or combination of segments of PRA activities. Emphasis is placed on both the length of service and the levels of service.
PHILADELPHIA FOUNDERS AWARD
Presented to an individual who has demonstrated an outstanding community leadership role by supporting activities that have a far-reaching impact and which have made a contribution toward the rehabilitation of a considerable number of citizens of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
CECELIA E. JACOBS DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
Presented to a distinguished PRA member with a disability who has demonstrated imagination, tenacity, resolution, and an indomitable spirit in working to overcome obstacles and has contributed to the goals established by PRA.
MARY E. SWITZER AWARD
Presented to a Pennsylvania woman who has distinguished herself in the field of rehabilitation, has made significant contributions to that field of endeavor and who is an active member of PRA.
MARK M. WALTER HUMANITARIAN AWARD
Presented to an individual who has exercised notable leadership in removing either environmental or legal barriers thereby overcoming discrimination which prevents individuals with disabilities from living normal lives and/or who has contributed to the attainment of independence of people with disabilities by significantly supporting the growth of rehabilitation services throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
RALPH N. PACINELLI LEADERSHIP AWARD
Presented to a Pennsylvania Rehabilitation Association member who has exercised extraordinary national and/or state leadership to rehabilitation professionals in order to strengthen, broaden, and hone their professional development. These enlightened characteristics should serve to substantially impact the public/private vocational rehabilitation program, assist PRA in achieving its mission, and make a positive contribution to the lives of individuals with disabilities.
PRA BUSINESS AWARD (New 2019)
Presented to a PA employer, which has demonstrated achievement in recruiting, hiring and retaining persons with disabilities. Business practices may include routinely utilizing public or private disability agencies to recruit and employ persons with disabilities; seeking guidance on issues of hiring, training, and retaining; allowing for on-site job shadowing, work assessments, work-based learning experiences, and other job-related activities to promote successful inclusion of persons with disabilities within their company.
To make an nomination for the above awards please use the following form:
Student Awards Page and Update
PRA Student Leadership and Service Awards
The PRA Student Leadership and Service Awards are offered yearly to a Pennsylvania undergraduate and graduate student who are majoring in the field of rehabilitation. The students should be recognized as providing outstanding service, leadership, advocacy and/or applied research contributions in rehabilitation and/or to persons with disabilities.
Award winners will receive:
PRA Award Certificate
Recognition on the PRA Website
Free Admission to the PRA Professional Development Institute if available that year
The criteria and process of determination for the awards will be as follows:
Student must be a Pennsylvania resident who is currently enrolled in a program of study at a university in the field of rehabilitation or has graduated from such a program within one year of the date of the nomination.
- Student is expected to have made a substantial contribution to the field of rehabilitation in one of the four domains:
- Direct Service – documentation of substantial volunteer services to persons with disabilities or service efforts that clearly exceed those related to one’s job duties.
- Leadership – documentation of being a catalyst for other students to involve themselves in activities that result in improved quality of life for people with disabilities.
- Advocacy – documentation of working toward development of opportunities and/or removal of barriers that affect the lives of people with disabilities.
- Applied Research – documentation of research contributions in rehabilitation and/or for persons with disabilities.
Rehabilitation educators can nominate up to three students per program. The award winners will be determined by the PRA Awards Committee. To submit a nomination for this award, please complete the PRA Student Award Nomination Form and email it with supporting documentation to email@example.com or by mail to Bonnie Bluett, 49 Park Street, Seven Valleys, PA 17360 by February 1st. If you have any questions, please call Bonnie at 717-515-4995 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your assistance in recognizing outstanding students in the field of rehabilitation!
To nominate a student please use the following form and mail or e-mail to Bonnie Bluett, 49 Park Street, Seven Valleys, PA 17360 email@example.com.