The Rehabilitation Services Administration is informing you that you can access RSA’s FFY 2018 Vocational Rehabilitation Services and Supported Employment Services Programs Monitoring and Technical Assistance Guide (Guide) at:
The Guide is intended to serve as a resource and planning guide for VR agencies and state teams to assist in the preparation for and conduct of monitoring and technical assistance visits this fiscal year. The specific programs covered by the Guide include:
- The VR program, established under title I of the Act; and
- The Supported Employment program, authorized under title VI of the Act.
The Guide includes five focus areas to be covered during the monitoring and technical assistance visits:
- Performance of the VR and Supported Employment programs, including competitive integrated employment outcomes;
- Transition services and employment outcomes for youth with disabilities, including pre-employment transition services for students with disabilities;
- Supported employment for individuals with the most significant disabilities, including youth with the most significant disabilities;
- Fiscal integrity of the VR and Supported Employment programs; and
- Progress of VR agencies toward implementing certain requirements under title I of WIOA governing unified and combined planning, performance accountability, and the one-stop service delivery system.
The nature and scope of, along with the activities to be conducted under, each focus area is contained in Sections III, IV, V, VI, and VII, respectively of the Guide.
The review teams will contact VR agencies regarding the planning for the FY 2018 monitoring and technical assistance visits that will occur this year. These agencies include: AL/C, AK/C, AZ/C, CA/C, LA/C, KS/C, NV/C, NC/B and G, NJ/B and G, NY/B and G, RI/C, and UT/C.
If you have any questions, please contact your state liaison.